Sports and PE Premium
What is Sports Premium?
The primary PE and sport premium is paid to schools to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Sports funding allocation 2018-2019 – £19,600
Approximate sports expenditure £ 55,000
The following targets have been identified to improve the quality and quantity of PE at HTGFS.
Some of the sports funding will be used to support these targets.
1. To improve access to high quality sports facilities
2. To provide heavily discounted or free sports clubs after school
3. To provide staff with appropriate resources to deliver a varied and challenging PE curriculum
How we are spending the money in 2018/19
- 40,000 spent on developing the outdoor spaces to enable high quality teaching of sport. This includes the resurfacing and development of the MUGA
- Subsidising of the multi-sports club, football club, dance club and Zumba club
- Cost linked to Year 4 swimming lessons
- Developing outdoor learning curriculum including employing a Forrest Schools instructor for Year 5
- Release time for new PE leader to develop subject leadership of PE including reviewing all MTP and purchasing appropriate resources
Impact in 2016/2017 & 2017/2018
As consequence of the Sports Funding, we were able to deliver a range of high quality PE lessons, as well as provide after school activities for all year groups.
Students benefitted from professional FA Football coaching from an external professional – this led to the creation of a Key stage 2 football team who played their first games against opposing schools
Staff benefitted from training in teaching Yoga to children and this enabled yoga to be taught for the first time
We ran a larger and highly successful school sports day
Plans for 2018-19
In this academic year we are planning to continue with the successful areas from the previous year and develop certain aspects even further.
Therefore the sports premium fund will be spent on the following areas:
Purchase a new curriculum to enhance teacher led sessions
Run a Fun Run to promote healthy life-styles
Achieve an Active Mark
Further engage with Millwall Football to provide greater opportunities for staff and student devlopment